The Research Division conducts and oversees the following ADAA efforts:
- Research and analysis of treatment data for internal decision-making and external reports;
- Data analysis and support for the SAPT Block Grant application;
- Fulfillment of requirements of the SAMHSA DASIS contract, including crosswalk development, maintenance and data submission;
- Maintenance of and reporting from the Prevention Minimum Data set;
- Data analysis for the Departmental Managing for Results (MFR) effort;
- Development and analysis of provider, subdivision and statewide performance measurement objectives;
- Estimation of treatment need;
- Collaboration with other agencies on data-matching and data-sharing projects;
- Sampling, research, analysis and IT support for annual Synar survey of tobacco retailers;
- Coordination and writing of controlled correspondence;
- Analysis of data and writing of sections of annual Outlook and Outcomes report;
- Technical assistance to local subdivision coordinators and councils on data sources and analysis for local need and performance; and,
- Acquisition and maintenance of agency information technology equipment.
Prevention Activity Reports
Outlook and Outcomes
Maryland State Data Center
Current Research Projects
Are you Interested in Participating in a Substance Use Study?
Are you Interested in Participating in a NIDA Research Study?